Friday, October 28, 2011

Another surgery?!?!?!?

I got a bad news. I need another surgery. I can’t believe this is happening…

We went for post surgery checkup on Monday. Dog said the bone popped. The bone?!?! My bone?!?! How did this happen? When did this happen? We thought I was healing nicely. Mom was worried about suture band breaking off but the bone? The bone?? Doc said it was extremely rare. Unheard of.

Mom knew Lateral Suture Technique was usually for small dogs but he was so confident… When did this happen? Right after the surgery? During checkup?

The thing is I went back right after surgery because it was red. They said it was ok. And then the week after the surgery I went back again because I developed seroma. They said warm compress 3~4 times a day. So we did and it went away. We followed all orders and I was confined. Mom was watching me 24 hours a day.

Doc said we don’t have to worry about the cost of next surgery. Gee I really hope so. My humans are starving. We’re in debt.

Another surgery… Dog help me…*sobs*

Mom’s depressed. She’s mad, sad, worried, going a little paranoid. How she wishes it was her, instead of me…

So, another surgery next week. Doc’s gonna do either another suture or TPLO this time.

Sorry for the bad news.

*woof*

20111027_13574820111028_14042020111028_140450

9 comments:

  1. Oh noes Lou, Iz sad too. That vet will makes you better this time an no charj better be rite cuz they shuda made you all betters teh furst time. Iz sending *softpaw* to you an your mom. Its gonna be okai cuz your anipals haz da pawpower an we luvs you. xxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you! Big hugs and face licks to you and your person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOU!!!! That's just WRONG! I think that V-E-T likes yer sweet self so much they just want to have you around more. Tell 'em they don't hafta do surgery to get you to come visit!

    I hope it all goes well. Tell 'em they need to give a complimentary stiff drink fur Mom.

    *Brew Hug*

    The Brew

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear this. How stressful. At least the v-e-t is attempting to make it right...although it really should have been right in the first place...but I know firstpaw that sometimes things just don't happen the way we're told they're supposed to. :( I wish you an easy surgery and a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD, Lou, that is horribulls fur you and your mom. We be thinking about you, buddy, and hoping this be fixing you up once and fur all. More slobber smooches from Sydney to speed your healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD Lou we had no idea...so out of the loop while you're loopy. This is just awful. Mommy told us the story of when Taz has cruciate ligament surgery and ended up with 3 surgeries on it because of the snow and ice so they moved to AZ. We wish we were closer to help your mommy out....surgeries are no fun for you or her. So sorry this happened. We luv you - xoxoxox Raven, Thor and Rio

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm waiting for the successful end of your story! Hope your pup is all better. Henry sends his best, so do I.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting subject, appreciate it for putting up.

    -------------------------------
    sydney pest inspection | rodent control sydney | pest inspection sydney

    ReplyDelete